Refresh Item Vendor data when creating POs from SO lines
- Currently, Item Vendor data is written to a SO line when the line is created. Changes made to the default Vendor on the Item record are no reflected on SO lines that already contain that item.
- One way to address this situation is adding an Action to update the vendor data on all SO lines that contain the just-modified item.
- Approaching it from the SO side and using the same logic implemented for updating (Recalculating) prices/discounts, it would be very useful to provide an action on the Sales Orders screen to Refresh Item Vendor.
- Since many companies may want to always perform this update function, it would be good to add a Preference to that effect (e.g., “Auto refresh Item Vendor for PO creation”).
- A similar function would be welcome on the Create Purchase Order screen.