If you have a Vendor set with a Payment Method / Cash Account and another branch purcahses from them, you cant pay using the Main branch as the Cash Account is Branch specific
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- 4.2000 - Tested in RapidByte
- Create a Cash Acount link to MAIN Branch
- Link new Cash Account to an existing Vendor under Finance > AP > Manage > Vendor > Payment Settings Tab
- Switch Branches and Create a Bill for the same Vendor and Release
- Go to Cheques and Payments > Select Vendor. You should now see that the Cash Account comes up for the default, however there is an error message next to it. This is due to that Cash Account not being visible for this branch.
N/A WORK AROUND: You can set up mutliple Cash Accounts for all branches linked to the same GL code. This would have to be done for all Bank Accounts
Extra config for the Cash Accounts and you have to Reconcile all the different Cash Accounts for all Branches. This makes life more complicated.
Make Branch a field for reporting purpose rather than who can access it.