General Ledger/Journal Transactions
- Batch Number
- is a system generated field. It appears to be a table key. Table keys have no place on a user form.
- Move search fields should be up by the add/trash area.
- Acumatica uses the term Batch incorrectly. What is calls a Batch is really a transaction. Batches are multiple transactions processed as a group.
- Functionality for entering should be separate from functionality to search. Because Batch number is system generated, it should not be in the entry data flow.
- Entry is generally either top down or left to right. Status is out of sequence.
- Module and Batch number are determined by the header. There is no reason for them to be repeated on the detail lines. Software currently has them locked so they can’t be hidden
- Requiring the hitting + to add each line is an unnecessary keystroke. The First add line should be automatic. As each line is completed a new blank line should appear.
I recommend a more distinctive visual separation between the header and detail parts of the form.